Sunday, February 03, 2008

Trash to Treasure

I almost pitched it out. It was a glass jar my husband spotted in the garage of a relative. We brought it home with other family treasures we had been given. For two or three days, I had soaked that jar in bleach and soapy water. Today I decided to take a look at it. It was sparkling and rather interesting. I read the bottom, looked it up on the net, and yes, it is a treasure. My husband is still laughing at me. I had agreed to clean it only after a significant number of deep sighs and moans and groans. I am glad I cleaned it up.

Of course, I am reminded of all the treasures I may have pitched. But I am also thinking that sometimes, when we put in a little effort, our reward is a happy surprise! Something in your life that needs a little extra effort today?? My list is getting longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and/or add your thoughts and ideas.