Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

It has been a wonderful restful day. I have never understood why the day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday for the media. For me, it is a day of rest and reflection, a time to think, read, make new lists, and prepare for the upcoming holidays - on paper. I have no desire to shop today -- not even on line. That chore can be done later. Today feels like a "snow day". The world is in slow motion and all is well. The refrigerator is filled with leftovers. There is more than enough for dinner. I am thankful.

Tomorrow is soon enough to start decorating for Christmas. I choose to relish this day and its quiet as a day of completion and thanksgiving that Thanksgiving Day was such a joy! And again, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and/or add your thoughts and ideas.